At Warners we have a well established Executry Administration department and we understand that every family and every estate is different, so our focus is on providing a service that is tailored to the needs of each client individually. Bereavement is a very difficult and stressful time for the families and friends of a deceased person. It can take a long time for matters to be settled, especially if there is no Will, and so our aim is to deal with the administration of an estate as efficiently and sympathetically as possible.
Among the services we provide are the following:
- Arranging for the funeral account to be settled;
- Estate valuation;
- Obtaining Confirmation (sometimes referred to as “Probate”, “Letters of Administration” or “Grant of Representation”) with or without a Will;
- Submitting an Inheritance Tax Return to HMRC where necessary;
- Dealing with Legal Rights Claims on behalf of the Executor or Claimant;
- Dealing with claims against the estate or disputes between Executors and beneficiaries;
- Settling bequests to beneficiaries;
- Finalising Executry accounts;
- Dealing with HMRC to finalise the deceased’s tax affairs;
- Settling any debts of the estate;
- Our Estate Agency and Residential Sales team can also deal with the sale of the deceased’s property.
Executries are all different and as such we can not give a fixed fee quote here but we are always happy to have a free initial consultation with the family or Executors of a deceased person to understand their needs, advise them on dealing with the estate and give an indication of costs. We pride ourselves on providing a sympathetic, efficient service where the needs of the client are paramount.
Please contact Lucy Taggart or Alison Gordon or telephone us on 0131 668 0470 to discuss your requirements more fully.
Alternatively, please complete this form and we will make contact with you.