Improve Your Property’s Kerb Appeal And Maximise Your Selling Price This Spring
Although it’s still very much a sellers market in for homemovers in Edinburgh, there are signs that the balance of power in the local market may slowly be starting to shift.
Rising house prices in recent months have encouraged more sellers to take the plunge meaning that we are starting to see more properites fr sale in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
No matter how strong the market is for sellers, it's vital that you do everything you can to make your property stand out to potential buyers if you want to give yourself the best chance of achieving the highest possible selling price.
Here’s our quick tips for how you can help your property to stand out from the crowd.
First impressions count
Potential buyers are likely to have made up their mind about the property before they’ve even walked through the front door. It’s vital to make sure that your home is looking spotless from the inside out.
People will be looking around your street and deciding if this is somewhere they can picture themselves living.
Flaking paintwork, unsightly wheelie bins and cobwebs at your front door could deter potential buyers before they even ring your doorbell.
Here are our simple kerb appeal tips that will help you spring in front of the competition
-A good place to start is the front door. Your front door should be neatly painted and clear of cobwebs with your building number clearly displayed. This will ensure that buyers can locate your property easily. Additionally, polish up metal letterboxes, house numbers and door-knockers and consider replacing them if they’re past their best.
- Give your porch area a good dust and sweep to make sure there are no cobwebs or leaves lurking that could leave a bad mark on potential buyers.
- It is worth investing in some good outdoor lighting that’s clean and bright. Fitting energy efficient outside lighting can be a low-cost way to really improve your property’s kerb appeal whilst providing safety and security.
- Make sure that your windows are sparkling. Grubby or smeared panes can be a real turn-off for buyers. Similarly, it’s important that the frames are neatly painted and free of marks and dust.
- If you have a driveway, take care of any weeds that may have gathered and ensure that there are no noticeable cracks.
- It’s worth checking your gutter system as if it’s older it may be suffering from rust, peeling paint or a build-up of leaves. Clearing gutters and freshening up paintwork can make a real difference to how your property looks.
-Keep your wheelie bins out of sight and out of mind by tucking them in a shed if possible.
- A pop of colour really says spring, so add some vibrant potted plants. This can add a touch of character to your home, brighten up the front of your property and make it more inviting to buyers.
If you’re thinking of selling a property this spring, get in touch with us today on 0131 667 0232 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be delighted to help.