Warners Featured Property: The House at West Green in Culross, Fife
Has lockdown-living made you realise that your home isn’t entirely perfect for your current needs?
Do you dream of having your own private garden to watch your children play safely or did you get a new family pet during lockdown and now need the outdoor space?
Are you one of the many now working from home and need a Home Office? Or, are you no longer commuting daily to and from your city-centre office and fancy moving further afield to take advantage of the Scottish rural and seaside properties that can offer better value for money?
Post-Pandemic market trends sees property buyers looking to leave the city-life behind for the idyllic countryside and coastal villages of Scotland.
We are here to tell you to look no further… join us as we Escape to the Scottish coastal village of Culross.
Nestled beside the River Forth coastline and enveloped by scenic countryside, the peaceful Scottish coastal village of Culross enjoys stunning views in all directions. Once a bustling port, it is considered one of the most picturesque villages in Scotland, with winding cobblestone streets and traditional 17th and 18th-century architecture.
It is a postcard perfect location with historical allure, often used as a setting for film and television, including the hit US TV series Outlander.
The Warners Feature Property: The House at West Green in Culross, Fife
Restored by The National Trust For Scotland, The House at West Green, is a striking B-listed, partially-attached townhouse dating from the late 17th century (circa 1681), offering a fantastic layout of accommodation to suit any buyer requirements – professionals, couples and family living - with 3 or 4 Double Bedrooms, 1 or 2 Reception Rooms, a private south-facing garden, and two private parking spaces, as well as being just a stone’s throw away from the waterfront.
This beautiful and versatile family home offers classically proportioned accommodation and period character, complemented by modern, light-filled interiors. With a south-facing profile and breath-taking views over the River Forth, The House at West Green represents a rare and exciting opportunity for those property buyers seeking the small-village, rural lifestyle, making it hard to believe it is less than 1 hour by car from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Considered to have been a wealthy merchant’s house, this substantial home enjoys instant kerb appeal with a whitewashed façade and ashlar surrounds to the 12-pane sash and case windows.
Set over three levels, the flexible accommodation includes:
Ground Floor –
- Kitchen / Breakfasting Room
- Dining Room which can also be set up as Bedroom 4
- Separate WC
First Floor –
- Living Room
- Bedroom 1
- Shower Room
Second Floor –
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Family Bathroom
Post-Covid property market trends are showing that many buyers are making certain property features a priority, such as:
- Home Office Space - The House at West Green offers flexible living and any of the 3 or 4 Bedrooms could be used as a Home Office space, with even the upstairs lading having adequate space for a seating area and / or desk for working.
- Commuting - With more of the workforce now working from home, we are seeing many buyers commuting to and from the City Centre less frequently. Culross is well positioned for travel and commuting across the central belt of Scotland. With the town of Falkirk being only 20 minutes away by car, and the principle cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow both approximately a 40 minutes journey – The House at West Green is an ideal purchase for city professionals and families. As well, for more extensive shopping and leisure facilities, the Kingsgate centre at Dunfermline (20 minutes away) is home to a wide variety of fashionable high street stores. Within a ten minutes’ drive, you can also enjoy Forrester Park Resort and Golf Course, which offers gourmet dining and vibrant fairways. Dunfermline Golf Club is nearby too, for golf enthusiasts.
- Private Gardens - Enclosed by a high stone wall for privacy, the beautiful garden at The House at West Green enjoys a manicured lawn framed by leafy planting beds and a large patio for alfresco dining. It is an idyllic space, with a sunny, south-facing outlook over the tranquil waters of the River Forth. Having the gardens enclosed means that this is a safe space for children to play and for pets. The private garden is also a great space where families and friends can meet up for safe social distanced get togethers. The village of Culross is also home to a wealth of idyllic countryside walks and cycle routes, as well as numerous historically important sites, such as Dunimarle Castle, with its imposing turrets, and Culross Palace, with its striking ochre-coloured walls and reconstructed period garden. Just think of all the walks that you can take where you can “Spot the TV or Film Location in Culross” with so many sites in Culross being featured in the TV series Outlander and even the Hollywood Film Captain America.
- Family - The House at West Green is perfect for families, offering truly idyllic surroundings with a sought-after village lifestyle. Primary schooling, with small class sizes, is catered for in the village, with secondary education available in the wider area. Directly across the road from The House at West Green, there is also a children’s playpark and two private parking spaces. The surrounding countryside offers additional leisure activities for the whole family, from fishing, to horse riding, and even sailing. Furthermore, the village is well established with a decent selection of local amenities, including a couple of cafes, a pottery and gallery, and a local inn with a traditional pub and restaurant. There is also a nearby convenience store in the neighbouring village of Valleyfield, just four minutes by car.
Now advertised For Sale below Home Report Value, this fantastic home at The House at West Green, Culross offers excellent value for money and must bee seen.
Please note, the Scottish Government has confirmed that in-person property viewings are included in the exceptions to restrictions on travel. This means that property buyers can still travel between areas with different tiers (including Tier 3 and Tier 4) to view properties that they are interested to buy.
It is strongly encouraged that property buyers view properties virtually in the first instance and arrange a physical, in-person viewing if there is a serious interest after. We are pleased to let you know that we have a fantastic HD Virtual Property Viewing Tour for the House at West Green that you can view here.
After seeing the Virtual Property Viewing Tour, we know that you, too, will love this home! To arrange your private, in-person viewing, contact the Warners Sales Team on 0131 662 4747 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixed Price £365,000 | Home Report Value £410,000
To read more about this stunning home, click here to be redirected to the property's advertisement, or you can browse the property sales brochure for The House at West Green in Culross by clicking the image below:< Back